Tour of Scandinavia is so much more than the biggest WorldTour race in Scandinavia.
In addition to the race, we have created a concept called “In it to Spin it” – a concept for creating synergies and enthusiasm.
This concept contains elements which includes health, tourism, business, culture and destination marketing in a sustainable package.
The main items are:
- An unique branding for Scandinavia
- Governmetnal transactions to the regions
- Destination marketing
- Development of activity based tourism – huge Nordic potential
- Cooperation with regional- and local cultural actors
- Health and education – school projects
- Infrastructure and environment – city planning
- Organizer competence
Battle of The North is not only a cycle race for the professionals, it is also a cycling- and culture festival which includes a number of side events and cooperation with organizations and cultural actors in the different host municipalities and regions.
In 2023, there is planned for the following side events for the time being:
- Launching party in Mysen
- Sustainability seminar in Halden
- Youth Criterium Race in Halden
- Childrens races in all the host cities
- Summer cycling schools in selected host cities
Further info to come.